May 11, 2010

REALLY Healthy Pasta with Tomatoes and Arugula

This is really healthy pasta, I mean it... 2 Weight Watchers points per cup of cooked pasta. (Compared to 4 points for normal).

A big thank you to Gourmet Mom on the Go, who sent me a package of this Fiber Gourmet pasta and some other goodies as a pick-me-up when I was having a rough week.

This stuff is good. I was a little afraid that the nutrition facts and therefore the Weight Watchers points would be, um, too good to be true.

Let's put it this way, when you see 18 g of fiber per serving on a package, you think you will most surely be "punished" for trying to skimp on points by overloading on fiber.

Honestly... it wasn't really a problem! Again, I was a little worried that I'd be overloading on fiber, since I typically eat a lot of fiber throughout my day anyway (fruit, fresh veggies, whole grains), but there honestly weren't any bad side effects. (This is a lovely conversation, isn't it?)

So, now that I know this is a low calorie, low point way to get some delicious pasta in the evenings when I'm craving comfort food and a glass of wine, I am addicted.

I've been making the tomato fettuccine pasta with grape tomatoes that I blister and roast in a pan with fresh garlic, then add a little spinach or preferably arugula. I drizzle about 1 Tbsp of olive oil, some salt, and possibly some grated Parmesan, and there ya go!


Honestly, it is really delicious. Just read this review at Slashfood. I just ordered a case of the spaghetti for 20 bucks (6 packages).

And if I eat this pasta the way I like it with some olive oil and a bit of parm, it's around 4 points total!

5 comments:

  1. This looks like such a refreshing and easy meal for a summer night! I love the balance of flavors, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well - I always freak out a bit when someone doesn't post in a while - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Sounds like I may have to make that next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey
    Appreciate it for this post, I will be extremely thankful to find out these kinds of fantastic information.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ashley this is really interesting was the pasta wheat based? you can check out may blog as well as http://www.lanutritiondecision.blogspot.co.il/
    I am always on the look out for healthy pasta I stick to whole wheat and brown rice currently but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete